A rant a day keeps everyone away...

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A future career as a...

...police sketch artist. Here is proof:Ok, before I start this post let me be clear of a few things.
1. This is a sketch of a classmate in Semester 5, Pokelai.
2. Dear Pokelai, if you're reading this please do not think too much of having your sketch in my blog. It's just that when I saw this I thought of something to blog.
3. No, I'm not saying you're a criminal.
4. I'm sorry if you're offended if it looks nothing like you. I could tell you weren't that pleased when you saw the sketch 2 years ago.

With that cleared up, let me start explaining. I've always wondered how the police actually choose their sketch artists. Well, I have to admit most of my observation are from TV series or movies so whether or not those sketches are as "accurate" compared to real life sketch artists, I am not sure. But considering that the entertainment production business has a much bigger budget to hire a real or better sketch artist than the police force, my opinion still stands at their sketches being almost unidentifiable or hardly recognisable. Well, considering their only source of information is from a sketchy description from witnesses, I guess its forgivable.

My point is, I was looking at this picture and somehow I realised how much it resembles a police sketch. You know it's a potrait, you know there's a person out there who looks like that, but you just don't know who the fuck it is.

p/s: Police sketch artists get a big fat check for their job.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

u need to update ure blog hun

July 19, 2008 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger zan said...

sandy: its quite updated. just that noone reads it hahaha

July 21, 2008 at 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home